PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICIES
We will collect the information you supply so we can send you the information you’re requesting.
If you’d rather not supply any/all of the information requested, that’s fine, we quite understand; however, we then wouldn’t be able to supply you with the information you’ve asked for – pretty simple really 🙂
If you request further information from a particular company whose details we include or feature, we do have to pass the details you submit on to them so that they can supply you with the information you’ve requested.
You can of course change your mind at any time; you can use the ‘unsubscribe’ link that will be on any email that we or the company you request further information from send you, or you can tell them by telephone, too.
We will never share your information with anyone else – again, pretty simple really.
If you’ve any queries with what information we collect and/or how we use it, please feel free to email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’ve nothing better to do, the full boring stuff follows below!
ABOUT THIS POLICY
Real Smart Money (“we”, “us”, “our”) respects your personal information and privacy. We treat the information you provide or that we collect from you through our website or web-pages (“our site”) with care and respect.
If you would like further information about how we may use your data, you are welcome to contact us directly.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Real Smart Money, which is a trading name of UK Promotions, a partnership whose address is 207 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH, England.
We are registered under the Act with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under registration number Z1995728.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT, AND HOW WE MAY COLLECT IT
When you request further information, price comparisons or details for products, services or guides that are shown on our site, by completing and submitting our online form or forms, you may provide us with some or all of the following personal and other information:
• Your name, email address, postal address, postcode, telephone number, age and an indication of your interests.
We will keep a record of this information.
Our online forms may require additional information to help us to understand your requirements and/or to find suitable suppliers for you; there is no obligation to submit any information at any stage, but not doing so may restrict the service we can provide you or prevent us from completing your request.
Depending on the product or service that you are requesting information on or enquiring about, such information may include personal information. By completing and submitting any personal information, you will be deemed to have given us your explicit consent to process such information for the purpose of processing your enquiry, finding suitable services or suppliers for you and/or putting you in contact with such suppliers.
From time to time we may change our online forms and/or the personal and other information that we require.
We may also collect and record your personal information if you:
• Complete and submit other forms on our site.
• Contact us, or we contact you, by email, telephone or post.
• Post comments, material or other content on our site.
• Participate in promotions or competitions on our site.
• Complete polls or surveys that we send to you or that are on our site.
We may monitor and/or record telephone calls for the purposes of quality control and staff training.
Each time you access our site, we may collect and record details of your visit, including (for example):
Your IP address, operating system, browser type; the pages and resources that you have accessed and other technical information.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
When you request information, price comparisons or details for products, services or guides via our site, (“Information”) through our online surveys, forms, general enquiries or otherwise, we may contact you by the contact details you have submitted; this could include:
• Contacting you by telephone, SMS, messaging service, email or post with the Information;
• Contacting you by telephone, SMS, messaging service, email or post to confirm or verify your contact details or the details of your request; and/or
• Passing on your information and the details of your request to selected suppliers of the products or services for which you have requested Information, who may contact you directly by the contact details you have submitted, for example by telephone, SMS, messaging service, email or post.
You can avoid being contacted by any of the above means by simply not submitting the relevant details; for example, if you prefer not to be contacted by telephone, simply omit your telephone number. Please note however that by omitting particular information it may prevent us from completing your request and/or contacting you.
We may also use your personal and other information in the following ways:
• To contact you by telephone, SMS, messaging service, email or post to ask about your experiences with the selected suppliers and request feedback, which may include via surveys or questionnaires
• To facilitate communication between you and our customers (i.e. suppliers of products, services or information that are shown on our site or requested by you, e.g. by your completion of one or more of our online forms or surveys)
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
• To enable you to access and use our site and services
• To ensure that the content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
• To notify you about changes to our site or services
We may also use, and provide our customers with, anonymised aggregated information about our site users.
DISCLOSING/SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business, assets or shares, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business, assets or shares.
• If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our site users and customers may be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The information that we collect from you may be collected, transferred to, processed and/or stored in countries outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Those countries may not have the same level of legal protection as countries in the EEA. If we do transfer your information in this way, we will take steps to ensure that it is protected to the same levels that apply in the EEA.
You have certain rights under the Act.
At any time, you may ask us to stop sending direct marketing communications. You can exercise this right by contacting us at the postal or email address set out below or via the unsubscribe/opt-out link within all our marketing emails.
You also have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, when you visit our site, we download and store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device. They allow us to recognise your computer or other device, and deliver a better and more personalised service to you.
TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be session cookies or persistent cookies, and can be either first or third party cookies as defined below:
• Session cookies: These allow us to track and link your actions during a single browser session, e.g. to remember the items returned from a search. These are created temporarily and, once you close your browser, all session cookies expire and are deleted.
• Persistent cookies: These allow us to authenticate you, and remember your preferences and therefore enable us to enhance your website experience. These remain on your device between browser sessions.
• First and third party cookies: Session cookies and persistent cookies can be either first or third party cookies depending upon the domain placing the cookie. First party cookies are those set by our site. Third party cookies are issued by a different site to our site.
We use a mixture of all these types of cookies on our site to provide our services and enhance your experience. Cookies used on our site can include Essential/Strictly Necessary cookies, Analytical/Performance cookies, Functionality cookies and Advertising/Targeting cookies.
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE COOKIES & MORE INFORMATION
Generally, you can set your browser to accept all cookies, block/reject all cookies, or modify your browser to alert you of any new cookies. To clear the stored cookies, you can normally go to the Tools drop-down menu at the top of the browser window.
Our site, or parts of it, may not function without technical problems or be accessible if you have disabled cookies in your browser.
Last updated: April 2019